News & Events
The T-BERD® 5800 Handheld Network Tester is designed to address the challenges of the Carrier Ethernet evolution. It supports both legacy and emerging technologies required to handle various network applications including Metro/Core, Mobile Backhaul, and Business Services installations.
The industry’s smallest 10G handheld instrument supports testing throughout the entire service life cycle including installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The T-BERD® 5800 ensures successful mobile backhaul transitions by validating new Ethernet synchronization deployments (1588v2 and SyncE) that guarantee successful mobile handoff between cell sites, thereby avoiding service degradation.
- All-in-one handheld tool designed to reduce complexity of multi-technology testing
- Optimized for field ease-of-use while addressing emerging network technologies
- Guarantees maximum efficiency and success in the evolution of Carrier Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul networks
- Ensures service life cycle management, integrating both installation and trouble¬shooting capabilities in one instrument
- Automates services verification with support of J-Complete suite of test tools
- Latest addition to the leading portfolio of T-BERD/MTS portable test solutions – created by experts to simplify network deployment and trusted by leading service providers worldwide
- Six T-BERD® 5800 configurations:
- Single- and dual-port Ethernet versions
- With or without TDM/PDH interfaces
- Fully loaded TDM/PDH to 10G Ethernet, SONET, and SDH
- Layer 1-3 Ethernet/IP SLAs verification (with Class of Service [CoS]) that includes automated Enhanced RFC 2544 testing
- Support for emerging Ethernet synchronization testing (including 1588v2 and SyncE verification)
- BER testing up to OC192/STM-64, service disruption, and circuit monitoring on TDM/PDH/SONET/SDH interfaces
- PTN Ready: Supports Packet Transport Network (PTN) evolution with MPLS-TP technology
- Supports J-Complete automated suite of test applications
The JDSU QT-600 is a carrier-grade, scalable, Ethernet probe that delivers the test and troubleshooting capabilities required to deploy Ethernet with confidence. An integral component of the JDSU NetComplete® Service Assurance Solution, the QT-600 reduces operations costs with its streamlined service turn-up process and rapid segmentation abilities that quickly identify the source of the problem. The detailed test results generated by the QT-600 give service providers the confidence to guarantee service-level performance. Converting this information into proactive measures has a positive impact—building greater customer retention and loyalty and contributing to reduced operational costs by decreasing the deployment of multiple technicians to remote locations.
- Carrier grade Ethernet probe
- Centralized automated testing
- Combines active testing with passive monitoring
- Validates Ethernet services are turned up according to service level agreements (SLAs) optimizing long-term burn-in testing from a centralized location
- Troubleshoots and sectionalizes issues with Ethernet services using ping, traceroute, RFC-2544, and 802.1ag/Y.1731 standard testing
- Monitors network traffic, performs top N analysis, captures traffic, and applies filters/triggers to drill down into data and troubleshoot problems
- Supports up to 16 simultaneous active tests including ping, traceroute, RFC-2544 and 802.1ag/Y.1731 loopback/linktrace.
- Supports automatic Layer 2 or Layer 3 loopback mode and can automatically loopback various Network Interface Devices (NIDs).
- Supports 802.1aq VLAN environments controlling VLAN priority or IP priority settings using Diffserv and ToS bits
- Provides sophisticated filters and triggers for data capturing supporting both pcap and cap formats.
- Supports highly configurable input parameters for each test providing maximum flexibility for troubleshooting
ADC’s Next Generation Frame (NGF) is the industry-leading high-density fiber management solution, accommodating the rapid growth and expansion of the fiber network while reducing jumper pile-up in horizontal troughs. The ability to easily access connectors and manage fiber cables has a direct impact on network reliability, performance and cost. As networks require expansion, reconfiguration and implementation of new services to the end customer, ADC’s NGF is a versatile solution that will satisfy network requirements for years to come.
- Rugged and compact hand held design to endure any kind of environmental conditions
- Fast splice (7 sec) and Fast Heating
- 200 cycles (Splicing & Heating) with 2 batteries
- Available for All METRO/LAN/FTTx fibers including ultra bend-insensitive fibers (G657b)
- Applicable for Splice-On-Connector(SOC)
- general purpose locator used to detect buried pipe and cable services in a variety of environments
- compact and lightweight design, without compromising strength and performance
- choice of passive power locating and active 8kHz and 83kHz frequencies
- detect the presence of active power cables and also wishing to trace short ranges. It is particularly useful in helping to detect and trace short distance drop wires
Source: TE Connectivity
The Mini Rapid Fiber Distribution Terminal (RDT) is a compact, high-density, fiber box solution, designed to speed installation requirements on the customer premises. Utilizing the patent-pending RapidReel cable payout spool, the Mini RDT deploys up to 100’ of plenum and 50’ of indoor/outdoor 12-fiber cable. Longer cable lengths available on an external spool. The multifiber cable terminates to a multifiber push-on connector (MPO), which ensures fast cable routing and handling by technicians. For service turn-up, the Mini RDT features up to 12 SC/LC fiber ports for fast, plug-and-play drop cable connections.
The Mini RDT is a cost-efficient system for deploying and managing fiber networks within small to mid-sized multiple dwelling unit (MDU) and multiple tenant unit (MTU) environments.
- Cost Savings: RapidReel cable payout spool reduces upfront deployment costs by eliminating site survey inspections, reducing labor hours and streamlining cable requirements
- Reduced Labor: Preconnectorized plug-and-play solution eliminates splice labor requirements and speeds network construction
- Easy Access: Technician friendly, the Mini RDT provides easy access to connectors for service and maintenance
The FLS is a high performance long distance fiber optic cable locating and monitoring transmitter. As a central office or regen rack mounted system, the FLS offers a full 50 watts of output. The FLS can be used for long-haul fiber lines and metropolitan loop networks. All features may be accessed remotely or locally with the hand-held touch screen.
The FLS system increases revenue by increasing customer confidence and loyalty. It’s a critical component on the fiber support network, striving to reduce downtime, increase reliability and reduce third part damage and at the same time increasing workplace efficiency and reducing maintenance costs.